Saturday, February 26, 2011

Re:London

 Warning: Plesae don't read this unless your really interested, it's quite long. It's just about how my trip to London went and I'm writing it more for my benefit to have a document for when I'm older than anything else, I think that's what this blog is truely about for me. I'd rather have a written one but I never keep those so this is the next best thing.

 So I went but turns out is was far from free and even though when I found that out I told my Dad I didn't have to go because he told me he's in deep debt at the moment and has to find like 10,000 euro by the end of the month and you have no idea how bad I felt when he told me he paid for the tickets anyways =(
  It was so stressful too. My friends mom who brought us didn't do the online check in until the morning and then she couldn't do it in the morning as you have to check in online at least 4 hours before the flight. So when we got to the airport she was old she'd have to pay 40euro on each ticket to check in and she ended up starting a fight with the airport people who threathened to kick her out if she didn't calm down. She did eventually and we moved on to the security checks where me and my Friend M got through fine because we came prpared, not wearing anything with metal in it and wearing runners rather than boots and with all our liquids in the proper bags. When my friend C and her mom went through though C had to take off all her jewellery and her boots and then her bag got searched because she has a big can of hairspray in it, a small can of body spray and foundation and lipstick which weren't in liquid bags. I'd asked her in the car if she had any liquids she needed to put in my bag and she told me she had hairspray, I old her you can't bring that on as hand lugage but shew didn't listen and so it got confiscated. Luckily the guy let her put her other stuff in my liquid bag but her mom had stuff too in the wrong sized bag so they all got confiscated including a big bottle of olay cream which is really expensive (That was over 100ml so I don't know why she even brought it).
We were also late for the plane and arrived there just as the y were opening the gates rather than the recommended hour before take off.
 The plane journey was fine and then we got the bus to Victoria but her mom hadn't booked anywhere for us to stay so we were technically homeless. When we got to Victoria she brought us to this steakhouse and I really didn't want a steak. I told ehr I wasn't very hungry and I'd be fine with some chips and some brocolli (still alot but far better than a steak and chips) but she kept saying "Don't be silly you need to eat to survive and it's been a long day" I wasn't even remotely hungry.
 She eventually organised an apartment we could stay in which belonged to her brothers friend who lives in London so we got a tube to Earlcourt and met her brother. The apartment was tiny but it did the job. Me, M and C stayed in the main room on fold out couches and C's mom stayed in the tiny bedroom beside it. Wew then went to Sainsburys to get milk and cereal and fruit and stuff like that and while C's mom had a cigarette outside we all went in to buy noodles. We found the noodles but it took us ages and on the way we'd accumulated lots of sweets. I found a chocolate duck and I couldn't resist buying it (I have a problem with ducks). I also found marmite crisps which I bought for my dad for his birthday next week (They smell rotten but he loves marmite). My friend M bought pringles and C bought cereal and chocolate straws and we also bought some chicken dippers for the next days dinner as we were going to dinner at C's aunts house who cooks weird food and we knew we wouldn't be eating it.
 When we got back to the apartment C's mom started the babying. She treated us like we were 6. "Are ye okay?" "Are ye hungry?" "Are ye tired?" "Go to bed now Or ye'll be too tired in the morning to get up". I know she didn't mean anything bad but come on, if we were hungry we know where the kitchen is, if we were tired we'd go to slepp and we know when we have to get up, we know when we have to go to sleep, we're 17 not 11.
 The next morning we got up at 17. Well, when I say we I mean me and M. C and ehr mom didn't get up or else her mom did but stayed on her computer doing emails for ages. It took us so long to get C up, she's so lazy. When we eventually left, me, M and C left C's mom and went shopping on high Kensington street. That was shit and then we went to Camden Market which was really fun and cool. But I needed to change some money into pounds and my friends wouldn't come with me so I had to wander around looking for a bureau de change in the dark in a mini skirt and these creepy guys kept coming on to me. One guy in one shop was like "Come here for a minute I have to tell you something....I love you *creepy smile*". Ya I wouldn't recommend doing that. When we got the tube back then I was already kinda pissed that my friends practically ditched me so when I was trying to explain to them that we were on the wrong side of the tracks I ended up telling them to fuck off and I stormed off because they wouldn't listen and they kept saying "I dunno anything about tubes". All I was trying to tell them was that we're facing the wrong fricking direction! When we were on the tube then M said to me "Oh we have to go back now, we're going the wrong direction" .....I wanted to push her onto the tracks.
 When we got back then an hour later than planned we went to C and her mom's relatives house for dinner. Chilli con carni.....mmm my favourite.... I ended up giving it to C's cousin.
 When we got back to the apartment we made noodles and chicken and I binged on that because I was pissed off and for some reason I like to make myself angrier by making things worse by eating.
 The next day it was even harder to get C and her Mom up to go and we didn't leave till almost 1pm. We went to Oxford street and because my feet were dead from wearing high heels the day before I stuck to wearing jeans and runners. Everyone around me was so thin or so nicely dressed or they just looked so at ease in their skin. I on the other hand was trying to get as far out of mine. I was constantly tugging at my t-shit or my jeans or my hair or whatever. I felt so horrible with myself and C kept saying "ah well" when ever I said I felt horrible or else she'd say something liike "You look grgand don't worry" but I felt worse when she ascted so at ease because she's bigger than me and if she's able to feel so comfortable looking like that and I can't now, will I every feel better? I darn hope so, It's what i've been counting on.
  After we got bored of Oxford street we decided to go back to Camden. It's so much fun there. I had great fun this time, much better than the day before, alone and being creeped out every two minutes. I bought a new wrist band which I really needed as my old one was getting old and tattered and I hate what it resembles (funny how I used to love it's meaning or rather the person it meant). I also bought loads of cool jewellery (including a bird cage which I've wanted for ages but they're like 25 euro in Ireland. It was only 10 pounds.
And we didn't get lost when we were getting the tubes back to the apartment wither. I did cave and bought some chicken from the chinese food stands when we were leaving though but it tasted too good for me to feel guilty about. I feel guilty about it now though.
  When we were back at the apartment C's mom wanted us to all go have one last meal out before we headed home the next morning (I was soooo happy <.< ) but when we were walking down the street her mom had a bad pain in her chest. She said it was like a cramp but it was under her bottom two ribs and it lasted too long to be just a cramp so she got us to call a taxi and we all headed to A&E. In the taxi she was freaking out, worrying and making ten times more of a deal out of the situation than required. SHe kept saying she should have called an ambulance...
At the hospital they told her to take a seat but a few minutes later she sent C up to tell them it was getting worse and they told ehr to come straight through. Then their family came up and about an hour later me and M (who were still in the A&E waiting room) were informed on what was happening. They thought she had a blood clot in her lung and so she was having tests done and would have to stay over night. C's uncle gave us some money and told us to go get some dinner (chicken and potatoes and bread and butter pudding....)
 We went back to the hospital after that and spent about another hour waiting for more news. We then worked out the plan for getting home the next day and C decided she was going to stay there with her mom. So me and M had to get home by ourselves.
  We didn't get back to the apartment until half 1 and then we had to pack which was impossible as we had so much stuff. I could fit everything in my bag except for my high heel boots but I eventually got them to fit by rolling up my new dresses and stuffung them into the shoes to make room. M however had a smaller bag than me and had bought way more than  me but her stuff all fitted in the end. We thought i'd be best to stay up all night rather than risk sleeping in as by then it was almost half 3 and we needed to be up at 6am. M crashed at 4am however and I've never been more jealous in my life. I was so tired but I knew if I went to sleep we'd sleep in. So I set my alarm and hid my phone under the bed and turned on the tv before risking lying down. I also got dressed (in about 6 t-shirts as I couldn't fit them in my bag) and did my make up so at least if we did sleep in I could get up and run literally. I fell asleep sometime between half 4 and 5am. and M woke me at 6am. We left at half 6 and got the tube (which was so hectic as it was rush hour and everyone was rushing to work) and then the Stansted direct train. We got to the airport at half 8 for a half 11 train. That meant a lot of waiting around but we were just so happy we'd actually made it without getting lost. M bought a suitcase then (she only had a gearbag and the zip had broken) and then we went and found a secluded corner so we could transfer all her stuff from one bag to the other then we sat there for about an hour just relaxing. We then bought a bunch of KrispyKream doughnuts because M had so much change and we don't have KrispyKreams in Ireland and we needed to drown out sorrows. We went through customs at about 9:45 and everything was going well but then we got randomly spot checked to have our bags weight just as we were approaching our plane. My bag was just under the 10kg limit but M's was 3kgs over so she had to pay 35pounds to have it stowed. Great.
  The flight was short as I fell asleep and then M's dad collected us in Knockto bring us home. I met my Dad  when I got home just as he was leaving for three days and I binged on jaffa cakes, rice and chicken dippers. I was just glad to be home. I fell asleep on the couch then and went to bed at half eight. I read for an hour and then slept at half nine until half 11. I got up this morning and just lounged around the house in my night dress with my hair all greasy and in dire need of a shower. I'm going out tonight too so I really need to start getting ready and clean myself up. Oh I also need to go to the shop to replace the things I binged on.

At least it was memorable.
I'm glad I didn't have to stay over there like C did though.
It's good to be home.

Bye  C=
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment